Each of us has experience to be a usual online store user. It is very comfortable to make purchases online, but during this process we can notice some blunders which make shopping not so pleasant. Some of the problems are analysed here. So let’s review in details.
- Drive the user to the store no matter what, even providing untruthful, but attractive information on the Google search result page. The secret always becomes clear and it is a very bad approach which brings negative effects. Users realize that there is no promised product here very quickly and leave online store in a few seconds. In fact the store increases its Bounce rate and it is really harmful. Google analyses this indicator carefully. So the information on the product pages should meets visitors requests and be accurate and real.
- A lot of text on the page. It is great that there are a lot of product information is provided, but it should be organized carefully to allow people to catch the main idea first. Headlines and paragraphs should be in the text and information, which needs to pay attention, must be shown in bold. Also, it is useful to implement tabs, which separate different types of information such as product general description, technical specifications, how to setup and so on. It should be added that the grammar and punctuation mistakes will also have a negative effect, so check all the text carefully.
- Old and irrelevant information.If visitors see the information about discounts or campaigns which were finished a month ago, your first impression about the online store will be spoiled. The same situations with irrelevant design or old reviews The visitors will not trust such online store and leave it quickly.
- Pop-up ads and a lot of advertising. There is an opinion that Pops-up windows work effective. It can be the truth,but it is also a fact that theyannoy visitors. A large number of advertising banners can distract users and prevent them from making a choice.So think twice before implement such elements in your online store.
Read more how to organize business processes in e-commerce on this blog.
- Poor search functionality. It can be a huge number of products in the online store and to allow users to find what they need the effective navigation should be implemented. To make a choice people use different criteria and it is important to take into account the most popular product characteristics and attributes and include them to search options.
- Bugs and slow loading site. It is obvious that all technical issues will cause that a visitor will not spend much time in the online store. Usually people are ready to wait not more than 5 seconds and if the web-pageloads longer they will go away.
- The requirement to register to add products to cart. It is a huge mistake which causes that you lose your clients. Guest users should have the same right as the registered users. The registration can be mandatory when the user places an order and you need the details to deliver the order.
- Mistakes on checkout procedure. Checkout is the very important step in online store and some of the mistakes can cause that the customer will not complete the purchase:
- The process requires filling in a lot of fields. Users don’t like to do much work and registration, account creation and process to place the order must be organized as easy as possible.
- The absence of the desired method of payment
- The absence of the desired method of delivery
You can read more tips concerning checkout here.
E-commerce has one very significant feature. You can’t meet the customer as in usual shop. In most of cases, users shop alone without any help and that is why it is important to organize all the processes and flows carefully not to lose clients.